Development for Condition Monitoring / Vibration Monitoring
Innovative Machine Vision provides a specialist niche of expert products and services in machine vision, image analysis, signal processing to global customers.
IMV offers design and development of systems for remote condition monitoring applications in heavy industries like mining, steel;
- Innovative Machine Vision (IMV) developed an IoT-enabled electro-mechanical condition monitoring/vibration monitoring system for a Tier 1 mining company.
- IMV developed a successful turnkey solution from concept, to design, prototyping and implementation.
- The system measures vibration on the external flange of an injection pipe to detect pipe degradation inside the ore processing autoclave.
- Robust custom-designed stainless steel clamps with accelerometer and temperature sensors, allow measurement that withstands temperatures up to 200 degrees.
- Integrated electronics, data logging, and remote connectivity, allow remote commissioning, online measurement, and temporal spectral analysis to detect pipe degradation
- Ruggedized encapsulation for harsh environments
- “The system uses the injection pipe as an antenna to listen to the heartbeat of the autoclave” (Lead engineer Leigh Mummery)
We bring our research and innovation to dynamic collaborations with industry (plant owners) , product owners (SMEs), and equipment suppliers , to build innovative measurement systems, online prototype installations for plant owners, and in doing so, transfer research and innovation into commercial products.
keywords: Internet of things, signal processing, rapid prototyping, condition monitoring, vibration monitoring, integrated electronics, mechanical engineering