Commercial Product 3DPM
New control and optimization possibilities for grinding, crushing, & agglomerating with 3DPM automated online particle size distribution measurement of bulk material on conveyor. 3DPM is used on a range of materials including limestone, coke, iron ore pellets, and metal ores, and for product assessment and automatic control applications. Detailed info in the 3DPM YouTube presentation and read this interview where 3DPM was used for fully automatic control of an agglomeration circuit.
Innovative Machine Vision (IMV) is a key partner in the development of 3DPM in conjunction with Swedish engineering firm MBV-Systems. Principal Scientist Matthew Thurley has worked closely with MBV-Systems since 2006 and has been integral in taking 3DPM from research to prototype to commercial product.
- Confidence that the measurement is reliable and a realistic representation of the material that was visible on the conveyor at the time of measurement
- Consistent, non-contact, high speed and fully automated
- Accurate measurement of size based on 3D imaging (no scaling and perspective distortion errors)
- Identification of non-overlapped and overlapped particles, mitigating errors from mis-sizing overlapped particles as smaller sizes
- Identification of areas-of-fines mitigating errors from mis-sizing them as large particles
- Reliable measurement as key opposing errors from overlapped particles and areas-of-fines are mitigated
- Reliable, automated, consistent measurement 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Results that facilitate fully automatic control of particle processes such as; agglomeration, pelletisation, and crushing
- Extremely low maintenance (years)
- Results based on a solid foundation of 20 years of evidence-based research, peer-reviewed publications, products, and industry prototypes by IMV's Principal Scientist Matthew Thurley